I came across a list yesterday entitled Simple Pleasures. It was interesting how a lot of the items on the Simple Pleasures list revolved around family, friends, pets, nature. It really struck a chord with me because it’s what I have been trying to concentrate on doing for the last couple of years. Enjoying the everyday things in life, instead of always looking forward to some big event or vacation. Of course I look forward to those too, but they don’t keep me going on a daily basis.
So here are some of mine, in no particular order:
- A pain-free day
- Hugs from my husband
- Having a silly conversation with my brother
- Talking to a friend
- That first mug of coffee in the morning
- Walking with the dog – especially on the beach where she can run wild and the look of pure joy in her eyes is catching
- Falling asleep with the cat purring in my ear
- Watching the cat and dog bridge the dog-cat divide
- A slice of good cheesecake – one friend will be rolling her eyes if she reads this, having heard me obsess about “The Ultimate Cheesecake” for the last couple of months! If you have a good recipe, I’d love to hear from you . . .
- Watching the full moon rise
- A clear, starlit sky
- My morning shower
I could go on . . .